Sunday, January 29, 2012

My 3-year-old bundle of joy--and craziness!

Almost 3 weeks have now passed since Marshall's 3rd birthday!  I just can't believe he is 3 already.  The day I found out I was pregnant with him is still so vivid in my mind--and I am so thankful for him.  Despite the unbelief that we would be a family of 5 -- I am thankful that God's plans are not my plans and His will is always perfect!
The traditional "pick your own cereal for your birthday" breakfast!


It's funny because I have always heard things like..."..that boy is ALL boy...only boys do things like that.." and it would make me chuckle because I only had the 2 girls and they were just as crazy as I imagined any boy could be!  BOY was I wrong!!!  (big chuckle)  Marshall is definitely --ALL BOY--He definitely does things that the girls never thought of...and he even screams louder (and more often) than they ever did!

He LOVES his trucks, cars, tractors (John Deere--only), and he is infatuated with "Mighty Machines".  If you don't know what a "mighty machine" is he will tell you.  You only have to pass a construction site and he starts singin the song..."Mighty Machines--workin' for you doing MIGHTY things..yaaaa...Mighty Machines"!!  (Every Sunday on our way to church we pass the latest MnDot road construction site and so we hear that song!)   I don't think we could own anymore trucks, diggers, dump trucks or garbage trucks!  If things go how Marshall would love them to go right now, then the Public Works department of Mounds View is going to have their most faithful employee in about 20 years!!!
Quick birthday pic with the girls before they go to school!

The girls are gone---now get this party started!!

Playing with his Christmas present!!  Sitting right in the middle of it! That's my boy!

Well, Marshall's birth"day" stretched into Marshall birth"week"!!  My parents made a surprise visit at the end of his birthday week.  The 3 kids had NO clue that they were coming and it was probably one of the best things we've done!!!  Marshall and I took the girls to their before school program on Thursday the 12th just like normal....however, I did not take Marshall to Ms Christy's and I did not go work.  Instead, we headed to the train depot and the train was already there...Grama & Papa were waiting for us and Marshall was tickled to be able to have them all to himself for the whole day!
At 3pm I left to go pick up the girls from school and mom and dad were anxiously awaiting our return!  When we got home...mom and dad were hiding on the couch under some blankets and I told the girls to go look and see what might be under those blankets!  (Later, I found out that Morgan thought it was presents and Malia thought maybe I had gotten her a new backpack...silly girls).  Well, they pulled off the blankets, saw Grama & Papa and as sweet as sweet can be---Malia burst into tears hugging both of them, and Morgan squealed with speechless delight and hugged them both fiercely as well!  It truly was so sweet and brought some tears to my eyes as well!  

Sooo surprised!




The tears of joy & unbelief!!
















We had a super time with them.  They were able to go watch Malia play basketball on Saturday.  Us girls were able to to do a smidge of shopping with Grama and mostly we just hung out at home and then went out to eat a couple times.  It was nice and relaxing and a perfect way to start the new year!

I love my family---the 4 that I live with---and my family that I don't to see very often.  Pray for all of them daily and just so thankful for the times when we can be together!

The birthday cookie!!  Hmmm....it was good!





Next time...just eat the frosting, don't inhale it!






Aaah, the addition of the....."street sweeper"
What's better than
regular old fruit snacks??
Well, the ones with
Lightening McQueen
& Mater on them!

Oh boy---boxing on the Wii!  "one, two, three....knocked him down!"
Me & my "Little buddy"--his nickname since before being born!
And oh do we love our little buddy so much!
Happy 3rd Birthday Marshall B!

2 comments:

  1. I smiled and nodded through this entire post!! YEP...truly all boy inside and out!! And isn't it just too much fun?! We have ALL THINGS trucks, cars (and CARS), trains, dirt, etc etc. :) And what a fun and special surprise--I'm so thankful you got to have that special time with your family. We sure know how to cherish those times, huh?
    Great pictures (and stories!) as always my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pics and update Sara! Looks like Marshall had wonderful birthday!! Jess

    ReplyDelete