Monday, July 16, 2012

Whoa--A 3 month vacation?? No, not really!

I realized about 2 weeks ago that I hadn't written here in a while--like 3 months ago--oopsie!!  Life, I tell ya--it gets in my way and passes me by sometimes!  Although this time, I've actually just been so busy living the life that this was put on the backburner every time I thought about it--until today!!

July 16th...wow!  The girls have been out of school for 5 1/2 weeks and Marshall is almost loving them being around him 24/7--almost!  Last week he did tell me to drop them off at school and let him go to the babysitters' alone--like normal!!  Silly boy!!  Because then today, as Malia is away, FAR AWAY at Bible camp he came to me and said, "Mommy, I miss Malia and I love her soo much"!!

I know I have lots of pics to post, so I'll do a separate post after this with just pix!!

Yes, Malia is away at her first ever week of Bible camp!!  I'm so excited for her.  I have so many amazing memories of Bible camp, the friends I made there and still have, the decisions made and just the fun & laughter!!  Oh the memories of 20 years ago--YIKES!!  I can't wait t hear all about her week when she gets home on Saturday!  I think a date to the local coffee shop will be the perfect environment to sit & chat in with my growing girl!

Both girls have enjoyed a week of sports camps--Basketball for Malia & Soccer for Morgan!  Malia just finished up her summer fast-pitch league and we are preparing for our first Fall/Traveling league starting the end of August!!  We just ordered her official uniform!!  Friese #81!!  I guess this must be the official welcome into the life of sports families--and we have about 16 years ahead of us and then college ball??!!  O  boy!  Good think I love it!!

We've enjoyed many days at the beach with friends, or just our family.  Many bike-rides.  Many BBQ's and eating on the deck.  Also, we've enjoyed/endured many hot hot days!! Today--right now in fact--it is 98*!  2 degrees cooler than the forcast they projected last night!!

Tim was able to take 2 days the end of June and head up and over to Lake Michigan to fish.  It was a whirlwind 36 hour trip with 18 of those hours being on the lake!!  He brought home some tasty fish and some fun fish tales!  He is also looking forward to his annual BWCA (Boundary Waters) trip that is coming up this weekend!  I'm excited for him to get away for a few days, enjoy the peace of the lake and the fellowship of some great friends!

I'm going to keep this short and let the next "Picture Post" speak for me!!  Hopefully the next post I type won't be about school having just started and how excited my 4th & 2nd grader are--or my preschooler!! Marshall will be in preschool--wow, my little buddy!!

Lovin' life and lovin' this super summer!!
~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment